Friday, January 19, 2007

Fulton Street Prayer Meeting

The Sesquicentennial Celebration of the Fulton Street Revival will commence on September 23, 2007 at noon. On September 23, 1857, Jeremiah Lanphier held his first prayer meeting in an upstairs room of the Old Dutch Reformed Church Consistory Building on Fulton Street in New York City. He prayed alone for the first half hour and then six men joined him and the numbers grew week to week until the 3rd Great Awakening was in full bloom. It ignited Revival in the U.S. and abroad.

I'm looking for believers who will join me (in your church or home) in praying at noon, especially on Sunday, September 23, 2007. Of course, we're praying for the same things with faith that the same results will follow.

Let me know if you feel a tug to join me and others to pray at noon for another Great Awakening, especially on September 23rd, at noon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you please tell me what happened at this anniversary? I must admit, I hadn't heard about it. Now I am curious. Please send me to a site where I can get more information.

Thanks...brothers at arms.